Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <da...@eu.nec.com> on 2009/05/19 10:55:15 UTC

svn error: 409 Conflict

Hi

Today we are getting '409 Conflict' errors when committing to a repository hosted by our 1.5.2 svn server. The repository hosts an active project which has run with no problems for some time. Here is an example error message from today:

Commit failed: Can't move '/var/svn/repositories/myrepo/db/txn-protorevs/1206-xy.rev' to '/var/svn/repositories/myrepo/db/revs/1/1207':
Permission denied MERGE of 'subversion/myrepo/trunk/Libs/Link': 409 Conflict (https:://<url>)

Last night two events occurred that may be related to the error.

Firstly, we merged another repo into this repo as follows:

  1) Use svndumpfilter to include only trunk of second repo:

    # cat CopiedRepo.svndump.merge.dump | svndumpfilter include trunk > CopiedRepo.trunk.merge.dump

  2) Create a new merge directory in myrepo/trunk and then load the filtered dump into it:

    # svnadmin load --ignore-uuid --parent-dir trunk/NewDir /var/svn/repositories/myrepo < CopiedRepo.trunk.merge.dump

Secondly, we had a power outage.

Please can anyone suggest a fix for the 409 error?

Best regards

David

Re: svn error: 409 Conflict

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi Nico
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> We have now reset the permissions for Apache on the repo directories and the error is fixed.
>
> Best regards
>
> David

*Oh*. When you did the 'svnadmin dump | svndumpfilter [ arguments] |
svnadmin load' step, I assume you weren't cautious about setting up your
new repository ownership correctly for Apache access. Yes, that can be a
bit tricky.

RE: svn error: 409 Conflict

Re: svn error: 409 Conflict

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today we are getting '409 Conflict' errors when committing to a
> repository hosted by our 1.5.2 svn server. The repository hosts an
> active project which has run with no problems for some time. Here is
> an example error message from today:
>
> Commit failed: Can't move
> '/var/svn/repositories/myrepo/db/txn-protorevs/1206-xy.rev' to
> '/var/svn/repositories/myrepo/db/revs/1/1207':
> Permission denied MERGE of 'subversion/myrepo/trunk/Libs/Link': 409
> Conflict (https:://<url <https:://%3Curl>>)
>
> Last night two events occurred that may be related to the error.
>
> Firstly, we merged another repo into this repo as follows:
>
>   1) Use svndumpfilter to include only trunk of second repo:
>     # cat CopiedRepo.svndump.merge.dump | svndumpfilter include trunk
> > CopiedRepo.trunk.merge.dump
>   2) Create a new merge directory in myrepo/trunk and then load the
> filtered dump into it:
>     # svnadmin load --ignore-uuid --parent-dir trunk/NewDir
> /var/svn/repositories/myrepo < CopiedRepo.trunk.merge.dump
>
> Secondly, we had a power outage.
>
> Please can anyone suggest a fix for the 409 error?
>
> Best regards
>
> David

Power surges may be more your issue. Can you do 'svnadmin hotcopy' and
test the new repository?