Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/11/15 03:52:38 UTC

[OT] 360|Flex 2014

Hi,

Alex already posted about this and ask what do you think he should speak on, but I'll ask a more general question:

What topics would you like see see talks or labs on at 360 Flex 2014?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> I'm very likely attending, and I'd like a lab about fixing and
> debugging the SDK, please :-)
>
> Setting up your workspace, preparing the SDK, creating patches etc.

+1 to this idea.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Unfortunately, I don't think a European 360|Flex is in the cards.  The
organizers tried it in the past and lost their shirt doing it (it was in
Italy a few years ago).

It may be best to think of another event that we can hitch to for the
european crowd.  I know there are lots of them out there :)

-Nick

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Given my current budget and other logistics, I probably couldn't do Europe
on a yearly basis, but I would mostly likely attend at least one.

-Alex

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Simon Gladman <sg...@gmail.com>.
I'll third it!

Although a trip to Santa Monica might be nice next spring.

Simon

_________________________
+44 (0) 7973 669691
sgladman@gmail.com
http://flexmonkey.blogspot.com/

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
I'll second that.

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi all guys!

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi all guys!

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

RE: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.
Personally I'd like to see stuff based around large enterprise development
or mobile (as I think Flex is a great for both)

Performance testing/improvement
Testing Flex Unit etc
Perhaps some news about falcon?

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

RE: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by 360flexJohn <jo...@360conferences.com>.
Hey guys!

Wanted to say thank you so much for such great ideas for what you'd like to
see at 360|Flex 2014! We're fleshing out the schedule now, you can see what
we've so far at http://www.360flex.com/#schedule

We're still working on some of the lab slots, so if there's something you'd
like to have two hours dedicated to, leave a comment.

Also since I've been so terrible at checking in here, I wanted to extend the
faithful ticket to folks on the list. The real faithful tickets expired this
past weekend, but if you use "FlexList" as a discount code, you'll get the
faithful price, for the next two weeks.

We'll be sending out an email blast and blog post announcing the schedule
formally as well as the venue and hotel booking info later this week, so if
you're interested in joining us, grab your ticket now :)

Thanks guys! I'm excited to be bringing 360|Flex back!

Re: [OT] 360|Flex 2014

Posted by Jevans <Je...@gmail.com>.
Roundtable on changing perceptions. It's hard to find anything in the media
that isn't old or advising developers to run.

Enterprise development roadmap. I would like to tell my developers to start
moving away from mx:hasNoFuture components.