Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/30 15:42:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
FlexJS SDK 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX Compiler 0.8.0.

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for
building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently
on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including smartphones,
tablets and tv).

Apache FlexJS is a next-generation Flex SDK that enables developers to use
MXML and ActionScript to not only create SWFs but also cross-compile the
same MXML and ActionScript to HTML/JS/CSS so applications can run natively
in browsers.  The cross-compiled code can also be used in Apache Cordova
(Adobe PhoneGap) mobile applications.

Apache Flex FalconJX is a next-generation MXML and ActionScript
cross-compiler.  It extends the next-generation SWF compiler known as
Falcon.  Both are contained in the release package and are used by the
FlexJS package to compile SWFs or cross-compile to HTML/JS/CSS.

This is the sixth release of FlexJS and FalconJX.  It is ‘beta'
quality.  In this release, all of the compiler JARs and framework SWCs are
also available as Maven artifacts making FlexJS the only version of any
Flex
SDK to support Maven.  Maven can even be used to build the sources and
examples.  See the various pom.xml files included in the artifacts.

New capabilities in this release include:

- A new "Express" component set, which is designed for rapid application
development. It includes more beads by default than the "Basic" component
set to help you get started building FlexJS applications faster.
- New layouts that utilize Flexbox in the browser.
- Revised layouts that use fewer internal HTMLElements in the browser.
- The new "Material Design Lite" component set brings Google's Material
Design system to FlexJS.
- More complete Reflection implementation with access to static members,
kept metadata and method parameters
- Added cross-platform registerClassAlias/getAliasByClass/getClassByAlias
implementations (reflection package)
- Added support for interpreting XML literals as JSX by adding [JSX]
metadata to a function.
- The -source-map compiler argument now also generates source maps for
scripts in MXML files.

The purpose of this release is to gather feedback about the
features and implementation strategies, and recruit new contributors as we
grow these code bases into an SDK and tool chain that delivers the highest
productivity developing applications that can run in the most places.
These releases may not handle production needs.  Expect lots of bugs and
missing features.  Please file bugs at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX/

For questions about how to use FlexJS and FalconJX, send email to
users@flex.apache.org.  Please try to prefix the subject with [FlexJS] or
[FalconJX] so it is clear the questions refer to this release and not the
Flex SDK and MXMLC compiler.

For questions and feedback on the development of the source code in these
release, send email to dev@flex.apache.org.  Again, please prefix the
subject with [FlexJS] or [FalconJX].

Apache FlexJS and Apache Flex FalconJX are available in source and binary
form from the following download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-flexjs.html

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

A simple way to try these releases is to use the
InstallApacheFlex 3.1 or 3.2 application which is available at the
following url:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

Choose Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and it will create an Adobe Flash
Builder-compatible SDK that uses the Falcon and FalconJX compilers to
generate SWFs and HTML/JS/CSS output.  You can also use FDT as your IDE
for developing FlexJS applications.  Some folks have been successful
using IntelliJ, FlashDevelop as well.  Moonshine is also working on
FlexJS support.  VSCode now has extensions for FlexJS.

Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 is also available as a npm package. On a system with
npm installed, users can easily install FlexJS with the command: "npm
install flexjs -g".

See the README or the FlexJS wiki for more information.  The FlexJS
section of the wiki is at the following

url:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Please try FlexJS and become involved in shaping the future of Flex.

The Apache Flex Community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
It works now. Thanks.
Many times this can be seen: Need file: ${still_no_file}

Screenshot:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/qZcrHZJ5R1e2CJg-u-U47g.png

Log:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/5pzx2

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hmm.  Thanks for trying, but maybe there is some other issue.  We are not
allowed to point the latest release to the archives.  We must use the
mirror system.  Maybe the mirror system has changed again.  I will change
back to the mirror system and take a closer look.

-Alex

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Fixed.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
This is probably the issue:
<versionDD id="FlexJS0.5.0" version="0.5.0" path="http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/flexjs/0.5.0/binaries/" file="apache-flex-flexjs-0.5.0-bin"/>
<VersionEE id="FlexJS0.6.0" version="0.6.0" path="http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/flexjs/0.6.0/binaries/" file="apache-flex-flexjs-0.6.0-bin"/>
<VersionFF id="FlexJS0.7.0" version="0.7.0" path="http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/flexjs/0.6.0/binaries/" file="apache-flex-flexjs-0.7.0-bin"/>
<VersionX id="0.8.0" version="0.8.0" path="flex/flexjs/0.8.0/binaries/" file="apache-flex-flexjs-0.8.0-bin”/>

Let me see if I can fix it…

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Did Apache change something with preferred mirrors?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Can't install it using Installer, it looks download flexjs link is wrong,
log:

Installer version 3.2.0 (windows)
Using Locale: hr_HR
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache FlexJS 0.8.0
AIR version 25.0
Flash Player version 25.0
Creating Apache FlexJS home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache FlexJS from:OCTYPE html>
<head>
Foundation">
  <base href="https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi" />
  <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57"
href="/favicons/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">

[...CROPPED HTML...]

</htflex/flexjs/0.8.0/binaries/apache-flex-flexjs-0.8.0-bin.zip
Unable to download Apache Flex SDK
Installation aborted
Unable to copy file 3003 Error #3003

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
I can see the announcement in the official archive for users:

mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flex-users/201706.mbox/
<D57BBF61.974CF%25aharui%40adobe.com>

It's possible that Nabble doesn't know how to handle a message that was
sent to multiple mailing lists simultaneously.

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
You may only receive one.  But if the one you received is from dev@, the
header should also show that user@ is in the To list.  Are you not seeing
that?

-Alex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

No I don't see it. [1] Maybe it will appear later.

[1] http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
The users list is in To: of the original message.  Does it not show that
for you?

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I'm thinking about it more and maybe there is worth to post it to users list
separately. I think there could be more people like me who do not subscribe
lists and checking only nabble.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Carlos! What about facebook - can someone give me an access to our
fan page?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Please retweet to spread the word and make lots of noise out there!! :))

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Congrats to all!! Awesome work! Thanks for make this happen! :))

Just Twitted in the official twitter account - >
https://twitter.com/apacheflex/status/880888105573732353

> Hi Josh,
>
> Yep that's possible.
>
> Can someone update facebook, twitter and our blog?
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.8.0 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I haven't touched the blog in years.  I guess I can try to figure it out
unless someone else can do it more quickly.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Piotr,

Is there a way to directly post it on Nabble instead of sending it to
users@ again?  IMO, there is a lot of people who are subscribed to both
lists and have already received the announcement once.  If not, just add
some words about why you are sending it again.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Great work, a big thank you to all of you to get out this important release!

BTW: I also can't see any [Announce] entry on the nabble.com users' list...

Thanks,
Olaf