Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2016/05/08 21:47:41 UTC

When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?

Hi!

as part of my sign-off on this months' report I wanted
to get your take on how soon do you think you can
transition to ASF infrastructure 100%?

If there are still any blockers -- I'd be more than happy
to help. I really think for the next months' report we have
to fully transition.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.
Thank you Julian for the info.

I've created an INFRA ticket for this.

Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?

Posted by "Jignesh M. Patel" <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Julian. So good to have you and Roman help us through this process!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Zuyu is working with Roman on this. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers
Jignesh

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Dear Julian,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Regarding getting communication onto the ASF list. Rather than waiting until the perfect moment when everyone is on the Apache list, just tell developers to stop other channels, right now. Within hours the communication will have moved to the public list.

Regarding figuring out who has submitted what agreement, there are some useful links here:

https://people.apache.org/ <https://people.apache.org/>

But remember you don’t need to sign a CLA to join the dev list. Anyone can join.

I’m not sure why Quickstep is not showing up at https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep <https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep>. Other mentors, any ideas?

Julian

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.
Yes, we need fix QUICKSTEP-2 before transiting to ASF.

Cheers,
Zuyu

Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Jignesh M. Patel <ji...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Dear Roman,
>
> I think we still need 3 more weeks as the students are trying to wrap up the semester.
> As they transition to the summer, we should be able to find a few days to hold everything
> and move completely. So I'd say we should be moved over by June 3.

June 3d is not inconceivable, but I've got to ask: what is preventing
you guys to
start using ASF infra as a single source of truth today? May be if we can get
to the bottom of this -- we can start solving the issues ASAP.

> Would love to get your help in getting Travis setup before we transition.
> (I think Zuyu may have reached out to you on that).

Sure.

> Thanks for your patience!

Well, its not just a question of convenience or good practices, I see
quite a bit
of commits still flying by on GitHub and that makes me nervous re: IP
management.

Posted by "Jignesh M. Patel" <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Dear Roman,