Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Neubert <de...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/09 19:40:49 UTC

Delte all docs in a SOLR index?

Sorry for another basic question -- but what is the best safe way to delete all docs in a SOLR index.

I tried <delete><id:*></delete> -- and that didn't work, plus wasn't sure if it was safe -- when I put a real id in it works, but that is too tedious.

I am in my first few days using SOLR and Lucene, am iterating the schema often, starting and stoping with test docs, etc.  I like to know a very quick way to clean out the index and start over repeatedly -- can't seem to find it on the wiki -- maybe its Friday :)

Thanks,

Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Delte all docs in a SOLR index?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
> I tried <delete><id:*></delete>

try:

ryan

Re: Delte all docs in a SOLR index?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Sorry for another basic question -- but what is the best safe way to
: delete all docs in a SOLR index.

I thought this was a FAQ, but it's hidden in another question (rebuilding
if schema changes)  i'll pull it out into a top level question...

: I am in my first few days using SOLR and Lucene, am iterating the schema
: often, starting and stoping with test docs, etc.  I like to know a very
: quick way to clean out the index and start over repeatedly -- can't seem
: to find it on the wiki -- maybe its Friday :)

Huh .. that's actually the FAQ that does talk about deleting all docs :)

"How can I rebuild my index from scratch if I change my schema?"

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#head-9aafb5d8dff5308e8ea4fcf4b71f19f029c4bb99

-Hoss