Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ankush A Choudera <An...@autonomy.com> on 2010/05/27 15:15:15 UTC

Usage of tag in config.xml

Hello,

            I am using the James 2.3.2 .

I have configured an Email Id in the <postmaster> tag of the james
config.xml for the purpose of handling emails with wrong address. But
this is not resulting in the intended behaviour. Can someone help out if
there are some configurations that need to be done to make this work?

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

RE: Usage of tag in config.xml

Posted by Ankush A Choudera <An...@autonomy.com>.
Hi Norman,

	When somebody sends an email to a wrong address then he should get a 	reply about this error with 'From' address as the one configured with the 	<postmaster> tag.

	I am not sure if this is of kind 'catch-all' address.

Thanks and Regards,
Ankush

so you want to have some kind of "catch-all" address ?

Thx,
Norman

RE: Usage of tag in config.xml

Posted by Ankush A Choudera <An...@autonomy.com>.
Hello Norman,

	The problem is fixed now.

	When I had specified the email id of some foreign domain as postmaster the 	mails intended for postmaster were being 'relay-denied'.

	I actually commented out the following part in the config file...

	<mailet match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1" class="ToProcessor">
             	<processor> relay-denied </processor>
             	<notice>550 - Requested action not taken: relaying denied</notice>
	</mailet>

	After this the mails were successfully sent to postmaster.

Re: Usage of tag in config.xml

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Ankush,