Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2008/04/11 23:11:42 UTC

RELEASE_NOTES for annotator package still missing components?

I took a look at the latest release notes.  They still don't list all
the components in section 2:

2. What is the Apache UIMA annotator package?

The Apache UIMA annotator package is an add-on package for the base
UIMA release.
The add-on package contains annotator components developed for Apache UIMA. The
add-on package fits the Apache UIMA directory structure and adds a directory
called "addons/annotator" that contains the following annotator components:
 - DictionaryAnnotator
 - RegularExpressionAnnotator
 - Tagger
 - WhitespaceTokenizer

No SimpleServer for example.  (It is listed in section 3, Major
Changes for this Release, but that seems odd.)

-Adam

Re: RELEASE_NOTES for annotator package still missing components?

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Michael Baessler
<mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:

> Adam Lally wrote:
>  > I took a look at the latest release notes.  They still don't list all
>  > the components in section 2:
>  >
>  >
>  > 2. What is the Apache UIMA annotator package?
>  >
>  > The Apache UIMA annotator package is an add-on package for the base
>  > UIMA release.
>  > The add-on package contains annotator components developed for Apache UIMA. The
>  > add-on package fits the Apache UIMA directory structure and adds a directory
>  > called "addons/annotator" that contains the following annotator components:
>  >  - DictionaryAnnotator
>  >  - RegularExpressionAnnotator
>  >  - Tagger
>  >  - WhitespaceTokenizer
>  >
>  >
>  > No SimpleServer for example.  (It is listed in section 3, Major
>  > Changes for this Release, but that seems odd.)
>  >
>  > -Adam
>
>  My thought was to just list the annotator components in section 2) and add all other components that
>  are maybe useful when using the annotators in section 3).

Well, sorry to be quibbling over a minor detail, but I don't quite
understand that organization.  It seems weird to have a "What is X?"
section that doesn't list what all the pieces of X are, and then a
"Major Changes" section that mentions other things.  But I guess it
doesn't need to hold up a release.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> I took a look at the latest release notes.  They still don't list all
> the components in section 2:
>

> 2. What is the Apache UIMA annotator package?
>
> The Apache UIMA annotator package is an add-on package for the base
> UIMA release.
> The add-on package contains annotator components developed for Apache UIMA. The
> add-on package fits the Apache UIMA directory structure and adds a directory
> called "addons/annotator" that contains the following annotator components:
>  - DictionaryAnnotator
>  - RegularExpressionAnnotator
>  - Tagger
>  - WhitespaceTokenizer
>

> No SimpleServer for example.  (It is listed in section 3, Major
> Changes for this Release, but that seems odd.)
>
> -Adam

My thought was to just list the annotator components in section 2) and add all other components that
are maybe useful when using the annotators in section 3).

-- Michael