Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dwayne Hottinger <dh...@harrisonburg.k12.va.us> on 2014/04/14 19:44:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Using google domain user's and passwords

I currently use a .htaccess file and an internal ldap server on my lamp
servers to protect some directorys.   I got out of the email business and
switched all my users over to google domains.  Ive been looking around for
some way to authenticate access to the protected directory's using my
google accounts.  Im hoping that mod_authnz_external module will help me in
that respect, but havent found enough documentation to know how to setup
the .htaccess file to use this.  My question is has anyone implemented this
or is it even possible or viable?

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

Re: [users@httpd] Using google domain user's and passwords

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
Until recently, you could have used Google's OpenID provider with
mod_auth_openid <http://findingscience.com/mod_auth_openid/>. Google is
discontinuing their OpenID provider in April 2015.
There was talk of a mod_auth_oauth module, but it appears that it does not
actually exist yet <https://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-oauth/>.

I came across this project which looks promising, but I have not tried it
myself.
https://github.com/ginzamarkets/Apache2-Authen-OdinAuth/

- Y