Posted to builds@apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@symas.com> on 2018/07/13 15:45:42 UTC

Problem Releasing Apache Fortress 2.0.1 to repository.apache.org

Hello,

I am a PMC on the Apache Directory project and trying to release one of its subprojects - Fortress.

I am getting an error uploading the .jar file to the apache maven repo.  The problem occurs during this step of the release process:

mvn -Papache-release release:perform

with this error in the console:

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy (default-deploy) on project fortress-core: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.directory.fortress:fortress-core:jar:2.0.1 from/to apache.releases.https (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2): Failed to transfer file: https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/directory/fortress/fortress-core/2.0.1/fortress-core-2.0.1.jar. Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized. -> [Help 1]

***

I just ran this process a few days ago with no problems meaning before the authorization was there.  I am running on the same machine as the same user.

Can you help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
—Shawn

Re: Problem Releasing Apache Fortress 2.0.1 to repository.apache.org

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@symas.com>.
I’ve resolved the issue so please disregard.

Had moved my settings.xml file inadvertently.  Once it’s moved it back into the right place, .m2, everything perform releases successfully.

Thanks,
— Shawn

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@symas.com>.