Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by sbarriba <sb...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/12/16 20:24:22 UTC

JackRabbit Journal table growing very large - archive strategy?

Hi Dominique et al,

We've been running a 2 node clustered JackRabbit for a few months.

The journal table has grown to 1.1GB.

Any guidance on how the admin procedure to delete old data from this table?

Regards,

Shaun

RE: JackRabbit Journal table growing very large - archive strategy?

Posted by sbarriba <sb...@yahoo.co.uk>.
For those using clustering with a database backed journal, its worth noting
that you should include a scheduled task to periodically delete old records
from the journal table (this table gets large over time).
Probably also with including something to this effect in the associated
docs.
Regards,
Shaun

Posted by dainius rygelis <da...@pitchpointsolutions.com>.
Is there a howto available that describes the steps needed to verify?

Regards,
Dainius

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi Shaun,