Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/03/19 19:17:38 UTC

Rough schedule of work reorganising C++ tree/rationalising #includes

I'm currently on a mission fixing QPID-243 (Fixing up C++ #include and
directory structure).

There are about three pieces of work here:

1. Reorganising the files/directory structure to work better.

2. Fixing the #includes used in all the code

3. Changing the makefiles to support a single makefile style.

One important outcome of 1. and 2. is to allow shipped client headers
used by external software to work as-is both in our source hierarchy and
installed stand-alone.

Since 1. & 2. involves extensive renaming of files and changing of
#include lines, I'm developing a script to do the actual work for me:

This script scans all the c++ source and header files and records every
#include line used.

It takes a list of file moves then does the moves and figures out the
correct set of changes to make to the #include lines.

Whilst it's at it, it will also reorder and rewrite the #include lines
to fit the project C++ coding guidelines.

(Anyway, that's the plan!)

Andrew