Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jean-Yves Landry <of...@jyl.ca> on 2020/02/10 04:55:43 UTC

Does "product Image" can refer to a standard URL?

hi,

If my product picture exist on an external server, referencing them in
catalogue seems to work but not in "econseo" or "ecommerce".

Instead of accessing http://192.168.202.246/bibb.png...

it does the following URL:
https://192.168.202.246:8443/ecomseo/product/http%3A%2F%2F192.168.202.246%2Fbibb.png

Re: Does "product Image" can refer to a standard URL?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jean-Yves,

For this kind of thing (static content out of OFBiz domain), I suggest to rather use the ofbizContentUrl concept. You can find several examples in code.

It allows to to centralize static content. By default OOTB in OFBiz that is in themes/common-theme/ component. In an images webapp that's under there,
mounted as /images, see hemes/common-theme/ofbiz-component.xml for details.
But you can define any static content prefix you want in the url.properties file (content.url.prefix* properties) or in the website record, see
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/content/control/EditWebSite?webSiteId=WebStore

Please let us know if that corresponds to your need. In general it's better to centralize static content. Else we will need to address OFBIZ-11343. If
not please close it as "Won't do"

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.