Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Mike_S <ms...@oculusinfo.com> on 2006/09/28 22:56:58 UTC

External Web Service Question

I just started playing around with servicemix 3.0, so if the answer to my
question is obvious, please forgive me!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting an external web-service hooked into
ServiceMix (version 3.0, released Sept 27, 2006).  I've scoured the forums
for a solution to my particular problem, but haven't found it.

I have a web service on a local JBoss App Server (which does work if I post
to it directly).  I've created a SU for servicemix that I think should
create a provider binding to the existing service, as well as a consumer
binding to be a proxy for that existing service.  I have a single xbean.xml
file in the SU, shown below:

-- Start xbean.xml ---

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
xmlns:test="urn:test:caps">
  <classpath>
    <location>.</location>
  </classpath>

  <http:endpoint 	service="test:CapServiceBack"
			endpoint="CapServiceBack"
			role="provider"
			locationURI="http://localhost:8080/capservice"
			wsdlResource="http://localhost:8080/capservice?wsdl"
			soap="true" soapVersion="1.1"/>

  <http:endpoint 	service="test:CapServiceFront"
			endpoint="CapServiceFront"
			targetService="test:CapServiceBack"
			targetEndpoint="CapServiceBack"
			role="consumer"
			locationURI="http://localhost:8192/CapIt"
			defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
			soap="true" soapVersion="1.1"/>

</beans>

-- End xbean.xml --

I based this xbean.xml on an example I found in these forums (and the thread
seemed to indicate that it worked fine).

When I deploy the SA containing the SU containing the xml, it deploys
without any errors.  When I check http://localhost:8192, it shows the CapIt
service as being available, but when I click on it, I get the following in
my browser:

-- Start browser dump --

Unable to find requested resource

RequestURI=/CapIt/main.wsdl

-- End browser dump --

If I use the client that works with the service and try to point it to go
through servicemix, I get a similar error being returned.

The only thing that this looks similar too is bug SM-499.  I looked over the
comments for that bug, and it seems to be related to WSDL-created endpoints,
not xbean ones.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Re: External Web Service Question

Posted by Mike_S <ms...@oculusinfo.com>.
Guillaume;

I've turned on the debug logging, and saw messages in the log such as...

Port for service/endpoint could not be found
No description found for {urn:test:caps}CapServiceBack:CapServiceBack
Endpoint
ServiceEndpoint[service={urn:test:caps}CapServiceBack,endpoint=CapServiceBack]
has no service description
Retrieving proxied endpoint definition
No description found for {urn:test:caps}CapServiceBack:CapServiceBack

I'm not sure if these are important or not.  But these were the only things
that stood out as potentially problematic.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Posted by Mike_S <ms...@oculusinfo.com>.
Grant;

I do have a WSDL defined for the external service, but I haven't defined one
for the endpoints in servicemix.  From the documentation on servicemix-http,
it sounds like just the xbean.xml should be sufficient.  However, it sounds
like you've had similar troubles in the past.  Did you end up having an
xbean.xml file as well as a wsdl file defining the endpoints?  Or did you
just drop the xbean.xml?  From the documentation, I got the impression that
you could use one or the other, but didn't need both.  I'll try going down
that path and see if it helps.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On 9/28/06, Mike_S <ms...@oculusinfo.com> wrote:

> I just started playing around with servicemix 3.0, so if the answer to my
> question is obvious, please forgive me!
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting an external web-service hooked into
> ServiceMix (version 3.0, released Sept 27, 2006).  I've scoured the forums
> for a solution to my particular problem, but haven't found it.
>
> I have a web service on a local JBoss App Server (which does work if I post
> to it directly).  I've created a SU for servicemix that I think should
> create a provider binding to the existing service, as well as a consumer
> binding to be a proxy for that existing service.  I have a single xbean.xml
> file in the SU, shown below:
>
> -- Start xbean.xml ---
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
> xmlns:test="urn:test:caps">
>   <classpath>
>     <location>.</location>
>   </classpath>
>
>   <http:endpoint        service="test:CapServiceBack"
>                         endpoint="CapServiceBack"
>                         role="provider"
>                         locationURI="http://localhost:8080/capservice"
>                         wsdlResource="http://localhost:8080/capservice?wsdl"
>                         soap="true" soapVersion="1.1"/>
>

>   <http:endpoint        service="test:CapServiceFront"
>                         endpoint="CapServiceFront"
>                         targetService="test:CapServiceBack"
>                         targetEndpoint="CapServiceBack"
>                         role="consumer"
>                         locationURI="http://localhost:8192/CapIt"
>                         defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>                         soap="true" soapVersion="1.1"/>
>
> </beans>
>
> -- End xbean.xml --
>

> I based this xbean.xml on an example I found in these forums (and the thread
> seemed to indicate that it worked fine).
>
> When I deploy the SA containing the SU containing the xml, it deploys
> without any errors.  When I check http://localhost:8192, it shows the CapIt
> service as being available, but when I click on it, I get the following in
> my browser:
>
> -- Start browser dump --
>
> Unable to find requested resource
>
> RequestURI=/CapIt/main.wsdl
>
> -- End browser dump --
>

> If I use the client that works with the service and try to point it to go
> through servicemix, I get a similar error being returned.
>
> The only thing that this looks similar too is bug SM-499.  I looked over the
> comments for that bug, and it seems to be related to WSDL-created endpoints,
> not xbean ones.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Mike

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: External Web Service Question

Posted by Mike_S <ms...@oculusinfo.com>.
Thanks for the response;

I'm using jBoss 4.0.4, which claims to support both 1.1 and 1.2.  I've tried
deploying the SU with the xbean.xml set to both 1.1 and 1.2, and I get the
same error in both cases.  I've also tried it with the soapVersion parameter
removed entirely.

Although, I suppose I should double-check the client I wrote to make sure
that the version of soap it's creating is being correctly specified in the
xbean.xml file.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Posted by Seguy <ca...@gmail.com>.