Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Dirk.vanGulik" <Di...@jrc.it> on 1996/06/11 12:09:44 UTC

apache-demo and mod_auth_msql.c

Following Viteks comments a new version of mod_auth_msql.c into

	/httpd/incoming/mod_auth_msql.c.1.00
	/httpd/incoming/apache-msql-demo.1.0.3.tar.gz

(A wee bit of competition does wonders :-)

Changes:

	- Added some more examples to the demo tar file, put
	  the docs in there as well.

	- Removed obsolete palloc checks, they get trapped in the
	  alloc.c

	- Removed static msql-err string claim (to make future treading
	  easier; although the linked in libmsql still has quite a few)

	- Be more strict on the group/user specifications; and output
	  some diagnostics to the error log file if the admin does not
	  specify a require (valid-)user with a group when the module
	  is authorative.

Dw.

Re: apache-demo and mod_auth_msql.c

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:
> Following Viteks comments a new version of mod_auth_msql.c into
>
> 	/httpd/incoming/apache-msql-demo.1.0.3.tar.gz

Moved to /apache/dist/contrib/demos/.

> 	/httpd/incoming/mod_auth_msql.c.1.00

I'll commit this now.

I have a question for the group.  This module is mostly the work of Dirk,
with comments from Vivek and of course input from the rest of us.  But to
be honest, most of us do not have the capability to test this ourselves,
since most of us don't have MSQL running ourselves.  I think I remember
Randy and Chuck mentioning they were using this, but I could be wrong.
So, in that situation, where the usual 3 +1 votes are needed to commit
large changes, and our usual policy of only putting stuff in the
distribution which we are willing to risk CERT warnings over, are we
comfortable with the situation of a module with one developer and a small
userbase?  In this situation I am, based upon personal knowlege of Dirk
and his technical capabilities, but for just to keep everyone on the same
page I ask if this is an okay situation.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  Visualize liking your job.  http://www.organic.com/JOBS