Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 05:20:49 UTC

Tapestry 5.0.12

People have been leaving messages on my blog that they want Tapestry 5.0.12.

I don't think it's time yet.  I'm using T5 for a client project with a
fair amount of DHTML (fancy hiding and revealing menus) and a chunk of
Ajax.  This is giving me a chance to nail down some limitations and
omissions, and tackle some nasty InternetExplorer-is-brain-dead
issues.  Given how easy it is to get a nightly build, or build
locally, I don't think there's that much advantage to cranking out an
official release -- a process that requires several days to vote, and
an hour or two of my time to perform the builds and uploads.

A new feature about to roll out is a client-side JavaScript console
which will make debugging (especially on IE) a lot easier.

I've also been developing for my app an AjaxFormLoop, a way of
combining Loop, FormInjector and a few other bits and pieces to allow
dynamic addition and removal of items from a list; basically, the kind
of thing you do for master/detail relationships.

Anyway, please be patient or use the nightlies.  Tapestry 5 is getting
very close to a next release (which I think may even be a release
candidate), but that's no reason to ship it early.  Let me continue to
"use it in anger" and find the rough spots.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Tapestry 5.0.12

Posted by Tobias Marx <su...@gmx.de>.
Hi Howard!

Don't forget to release Tapestry 5.0.12 together
with a useful demo application once the time is ripe.

The more demos, the better....maybe even a "Petshop 2.0" with Ajax widgets?

So long....

Tobias

-------- Original-Nachricht --------