Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Eli Jordan <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/02 07:50:55 UTC

KIP 179 - AdminClient Partition Assignment

Hi

I recently cam a cross a use case where I would like to have the ability to increase the replication factor of a topic using the admin client. This is currently not possible, and the KIP https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-179+-+Change+ReassignPartitionsCommand+to+use+AdminClient <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-179+-+Change+ReassignPartitionsCommand+to+use+AdminClient> that describes the work to add it is marked as “Withdrawn”.

It also doesn’t look like this KIP made it into 2.0 either.

Whats the status of this enhancement? Can we expect to see it anytime soon?

Thanks
Elias