Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Mullin <mu...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/20 01:38:50 UTC

Down to a single error

Thank to all who have been watching the problems I encountered.  Thanks to
a recent reply, I determined that I had bad copy of tomcat in the tar.gz
download from apache.  I download the .zip version and everything was
fine.  Well, almost everything.  I no longer got the class not found
exceptions looking for CompressionFilter.  I'm down to a single error, and
that is:

SEVERE: StandardServer.await: createÝ8005¨:
java.net.BindException: EDC5111I Permission denied.

The first SEVER message I'm assuming was caused by the second message, the
bind failure.  Now, tomcat listens on port 808, so I assumed this meant
that port 8080 was in use, but its not.  I used netstat to verify this.
Does this message indicate something else?

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068
mullink@us.ibm.com

Re: Down to a single error

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Don't forget 8005 -- the shutdown port.  That has to be clear as well.

--David

--
David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor