Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Feng Qu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/20 20:49:02 UTC

questions on datastax opscenter

I have two questions for community version of opscenter

1) does it work with multiple cassandra cluster?
2) are agent ports 61620/61621 configurable? these ports are blocked in our env.

Thanks in advance

Feng Qu

Re: questions on datastax opscenter

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Feng Qu <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have two questions for community version of opscenter
>>
>> 1) does it work with multiple cassandra cluster?
>> 2) are agent ports 61620/61621 configurable? these ports are blocked in
>> our env.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Feng Qu
>>

> They are configurable. If you add the following lines to opscenterd.conf
> (replacing the default port numbers with your own) and restart opscenterd,
> the change should take effect:
> [agents]
> https_port = 61621
> incoming_port = 61620

Actually, I left out an important step. You will need to update the config
for each agent and restart them as well.

The config file you will need to edit is address.yaml. If the agents were
installed automatically by opscenter, or if you installed the agent
packages (either the rpm or deb files) manually, it will be located at
/var/lib/opscenter-agent/conf/address.yaml.

Add the following line to address.yaml, replacing 61620 with your custom
port:

stomp_port: 61620

This port number should match the "incoming_port" number in
opscenterd.conf.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

Re: questions on datastax opscenter

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Feng Qu <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two questions for community version of opscenter
>
> 1) does it work with multiple cassandra cluster?

Tyler answered the second part. As for managing multiple clusters from
a single opscenter: not yet, but it's on our radar.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra