Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bshepherd <br...@ngc.com> on 2008/10/03 17:11:22 UTC

How to aggregate License info

I have a requirement to determine all dependencies used in our project and
determine what licenses are used. When I use the site:site/site:deploy goals
I can select the Dependencies link for reports and get a License section
that looks like the following:

Licenses
     SILENTWIRE License 1.0: Silentwire Common, Silentwire Dissector
     BSD Style License: Trilead SSH for Java
     Sun Microsystems, Inc. Binary Code License Agreement: JMX 1.2 Reference
Implementation, JMXTools 1.2.1, Java Message Service
     Common Public License Version 1.0: JUnit
     MIT License: SLF4J API Module, SLF4J LOG4J-12 Binding
     The Apache Software License, Version 2.0: Apache Log4j, Apache MINA
Core, Codec, Collections,     Commons BeanUtils, Commons IO, Commons
Logging, Lang
Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) v1.0: JavaBeans
Activation Framework (JAF), JavaMail API

This is great, however, we have so many sub modules, that it takes quite a
bit of manual effort to look through all the modules, select the dependency
report and view/copy the License info.

Does anyone know how to aggregate all the dependencies with license info
during site creation, or is there a better way to find this information.

Thanks

Re: How to aggregate License info

Posted by Matthew McCullough <ma...@ambientideas.com>.
I think the following might get you on the right track, though they may not
be precisely what you are seeking:
1) http://code.google.com/p/maven-license-plugin/

2) http://mojo.codehaus.org/rat-maven-plugin/

-Matthew McCullough