Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz> on 2015/01/13 09:54:34 UTC

What is the official version for Ubuntu / Debian?

Hi,

I cannot find package for Ubuntu for v1.6.1.
Does anyone knows where such packages (for apt-get) can be found?
Latest release with packages is 1.5.

Is there easy way to try and build from sources?

*With best regards,*
Kiril Stankov,
CEO

            This Email disclaimer
            <http://open-net.biz/emailsignature.html> is integral part
            of this message.

Re: What is the official version for Ubuntu / Debian?

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
On 13 January 2015 at 15:48, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz> wrote:
> > I feel that a good documentation on dependencies, how to build, how to
> make it service and configure is missing.
>
> We don't manage dependencies. Normally, you should be able to install
> them thought system package manager without need to build them
> manually. Also, each dependency has it own documentation about how to
> build and community to help with.
>
> > Also, the official wiki is very outdated.
>
> Feel free to update it, it's community driven (:

but please use this site. This is the new wiki and we are still in the
process to move the old content to the new one. Please feel free to add
your experiences. Create an account and get in touch with us. We will grant
you the required rights

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Installing+CouchDB

Thanks :D

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: What is the official version for Ubuntu / Debian?

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz>.
Thanks,

finally it works.

I feel that a good documentation on dependencies, how to build, how to
make it service and configure is missing.
Also, the official wiki is very outdated.
Cannot find what the changelog between 1.5 and 1.6.1 is.

If there is Windows installation, is it that hard to update repositories
with apt-get / aptitude compatible packages for the latest release.

Thanks for all the help.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hey Kiril,

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: What is the official version for Ubuntu / Debian?

Posted by Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Lins <6c...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiril,