Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by BAKONYI Péter - paha <pa...@paha.hu> on 2005/05/04 01:06:52 UTC

Spam messages got negative points

Hello Everybody!

I'm new at this list.  I'm using spamassassin on my debian box since 2
years and now I've upgraded to a new machine, new installation and a new
   version (3.0.2) os spamassassin.  But something seems to be wrong
because I got a lot of spam messages which is not identified to be a
spam because of some _negative_ points.  I'm sure that they were
correctly identified to be a spam on my previous version on SA.  Can
someone tell me any ideas?

Thank you!!!

Peter Bakonyi

Re: Spam messages got negative points

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
BAKONYI Péter - paha wrote:
> Hello Everybody!
>
> I'm new at this list.  I'm using spamassassin on my debian box since 2
> years and now I've upgraded to a new machine, new installation and a new
>   version (3.0.2) os spamassassin.  But something seems to be wrong
> because I got a lot of spam messages which is not identified to be a
> spam because of some _negative_ points.  I'm sure that they were
> correctly identified to be a spam on my previous version on SA.  Can
> someone tell me any ideas?
>
> Thank you!!!
>
> Peter Bakonyi

It's probably a faulty flux capacitor.  ;)

Unless you actually tell us what rules are firing it's kind of hard to
tell you why!  I'll place my bets on a mis configured trust path though.

Daryl

Re: Spam messages got negative points

Posted by "Tom Q. Citizen" <to...@bay-online-media.com>.
How does one delete the bayes database?

Peace...

Tom

Posted by Ryan Castellucci <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> tests=BAYES_00,DATE_IN_FUTURE_96_XX,

Bayes says it is absolutely dead sure ham, not spam.

Broken bayes database, it sounds like.

        Loren

Re: Spam messages got negative points

Posted by BAKONYI Péter - paha <pa...@paha.hu>.