Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2007/11/30 23:17:23 UTC

errors for hibernate test cases

hi,

I have a set of test cases that pass fine under Eclipse .. but from Maven I
get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when running
TestHibernateGenericReadOnlyDao and TestHibernateGenericDao (see below).

My gut-feeling is that the auxiliary Fixture class Person (not a TestCase
and not Test* pattern) is being filtered out by Maven during testing?

Also can not tell from the logs that Person.hbm.xml is being picked up
properly ... does it belong under /src/test/java/<my packages>.../ ? or
under /src/test/resources/<my packages>.../ ?

If interested the sources are available for checkout from:
http://perfectjpattern.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/perfectjpattern/trunk/

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni

I have implemented a Generic Dao based on Hibernate and then included under
my test package:

trunk/
- perfectjpattern-j2ee
-- pom.xml
-- src/
--- test/
---- java/
----- perfectjpattern/
------ j2ee/
------- database/
-------- dao/
--------- hibernate/
---------- Person.java
---------- Person.hbm.xml
---------- TestHibernateGenericReadOnlyDao.java
---------- TestHibernateGenericDao.java
---- resources/
----- hibernate.cfg.xml
----- hsql.properties
----- hsql.script
----- log4j.xml

RE: errors for hibernate test cases

Posted by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch>.
ciao Marco,

Please find the stacktrace below

grazie! :)

<testcase time="0" name="testFindById">
<error message="Could not initialize class
perfectjpattern.j2ee.database.dao.hibernate.HibernateGenericDao"
type="java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError">java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Could not initialize class
perfectjpattern.j2ee.database.dao.hibernate.HibernateGenericDao
at
perfectjpattern.j2ee.database.dao.hibernate.TestHibernateGenericReadOnlyDao.
setUp(TestHibernateGenericReadOnlyDao.java:147)
at
)
at
.java:25)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(Ab
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractD
irectoryTestSuite.java:125)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
at
)
at
.java:25)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireB
ooter.java:290)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818
)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818
)
</error>
</testcase>

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Giovanni,

Posted by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch>.
Resolved!

I had the following entry in my pom.xml

<testResources>
 <testResource>
    <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
    <includes>
	<include>log4j.xml</include>
    </includes>
 </testResource>
</testResources>

.. therefore it was excluding everything else, so got rid of this entry and
now it works fine.

Thanks!
Giovanni