Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ray Zimmerman <rz...@cornell.edu> on 2001/02/21 16:41:27 UTC

[JOB] Perl web/database programmer needed

Within the next few weeks we expect to formally announce a position
open immediately for an on-site web/database programmer (using
mod_perl, mysql and probably Mason). We're located in the beautiful
Fingerlakes region of upstate New York.

Here's the description ...

-------------
Web/Database Programmer:  To work in close partnership with the team
lead to design and implement a flexible web-based platform for
simulating economic markets. The platform will be used for a national
electric power market experiment, and will serve as a foundation for
many other economics experiments for research and teaching.

Applicant must have experience in design and implementation of large
complex database-driven web applications. Must have 5 years
experience in object-oriented Perl programming, SQL database
programming and web programming. Apache/mod_perl and mysql experience
desired.

Experience with embedded Perl technologies, Linux server
administration, XML, Java, JavaScript and open source software are a
plus.

... e-mail me off-list if you are interested.
--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: rz10@cornell.edu / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University