Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee> on 2014/11/19 17:34:40 UTC

VM migration to cloudstack

Hello,

       Hope this problem has already risen and been solved:  have VM-s running on stand-alone hypervisors (Xen, KVM, VmWare) and need to "export-import" them into cloudstack. Are there any instructions/tools to automate this process?

Thanks,

Vadim.

RE: VM migration to cloudstack

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.
Can cloudmonkey do this?  If I need to register like 500 templates and then create VM from then it may take a lot of time.

Vadim.
Basicaly,  convert existing vms to qcow2 or vhd or vmdk... upload template
to ACS, deploy new VM from template...

Not sure of other way ?

Sent from Google Nexus 4

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gopalakrishnan S <go...@assistanz.com>.
Hi Vadim,

If possible, you can try to create snapshot for the particular VM and export
to file that snapshot or save as a Template then convert the template for
VHD format. After that upload .vhd file as a template in ACS.

Once the template uploaded, you can create VMs from that particular
templates.

Thank You.
Gopalakrishnan.S