Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by cldo cldo <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 10:33:06 UTC

hortonworks install fail

I install hortonworks.When i deployed it had a error:
“nodeReport”: {
“PUPPET_KICK_FAILED”: [],
“PUPPET_OPERATION_FAILED”: [
"hserver1"
],
“PUPPET_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT”: [
"hserver1"
],
“PUPPET_OPERATION_SUCCEEDED”: []
},
“nodeLogs”: []
System check results:
6. Firewall
iptables: Firewall is not running.

7. SELINUX
SELinux status:                 disabled

8. NTP
ntpd (pid  7574) is running...

9. Name resolution
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Name:   hserver1
Address: 192.168.3.147

root ssh localhost passwordless success.
Thanks

Re: hortonworks install fail

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
For Hortonworks related subjects, it might be best to contact Hortonworks
community.

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: hortonworks install fail

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi

ambari-user@ is probably the better list for this.

It seems like your puppet command is timing out. Could you reply back with the contents of the /var/log/puppet_apply.log from the node in question?

Also, it might be worth waiting a few days for the next release of ambari which should be a lot more stable than the previous one.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--