Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Swan <rs...@nskinc.com> on 2006/10/10 21:42:21 UTC

Ideas

Hi everyone, I am trying to setup a SPAM server to process incoming
email and then send it back to the original sender.

I have setup Spamassassin and Postfix (latest version), and they are
working great. I am trying to figure out how to get Postfix to
automatically send the "processed" e-mail back to the sender with all of
the processed info in it like below, any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Robert

 Content analysis details:   (1.2 points, -5.0 required)

 pts rule name              description

---- ----------------------

 0.1 FH_MSGID_HUGE_40       FH_MSGID_HUGE_40

-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record

 0.6 HTML_SHORT_LENGTH      BODY: HTML is extremely short

 0.5 DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE     RBL: Envelope sender in
abuse.rfc-ignorant.org

The original message was not completely plain text.

Re: Ideas

Posted by Michael Grant <mg...@grant.org>.
I think I see what you're trying to do.  You want to set up a server
which you can use to see how spamass processes individual mail
messages.  A sort of mirror that you can use to see what your message
looks like after it passes through spamass.

Unfortunatly, the only possible use I can think of for having such a
setup is to check a spam message before it gets sent out for real.

Please could you tell us what legitimate use such a server would
serve?.  Procmail isn't the correct answer here.

Michael Grant

Re: Ideas

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
If you do that you will get mugged, I promise. All you have to do is
bounce one to me and I'll crawl through the Ethernet cables, the
fiber optics, and all that crap so I can rip your throat out with
my bare teeth.

I hope that conveys the depths of depravity involved in the setup
you are proposing. There is no way on Earth you can track a spam
down to its original sender's ID and send it back.

Look up "Joe Job" on Google with and without the space. ALL the
headers in an Email which might give a hit to the original sender's
email address can be forged and almost without exception are forged
in spams.

{`,'}    Bad BAD idea Robert.

R: Ideas

Posted by Giampaolo Tomassoni <g....@libero.it>.
  Hi everyone, I am trying to setup a SPAM server to process incoming email
and then send it back to the original sender.

You are going to do a spam server yourself: often the source e-mail is
forged or is the somebody else's account...

Spam messages often ask the user to click on a link, not to reply.

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4
I-53044 Chiusi (SI) - Italy
Ph: +39-0578-21100