Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Mukhopadhyay, Aratrika" <Ar...@mail.house.gov> on 2017/12/08 15:27:58 UTC

Need Help Configuring Solr To Work With Nutch

Good Morning,
           I am running nutch 2.3 , hbase 0.98 and I am integrating nutch with solr 6.4. I have a successful crawl in nutch and when I see that it is indexing the content into solr. However I cannot query and get any results. Its as if Nutch isn't writing anything to solr at all. I am stuck and need someone who is familiar with solr/nutch to provide assistance. Can someone please help ?

This is what I see when I index into solr. I see no errors.

[cid:image001.png@01D3700F.37209960]

Regards,
Aratrika Mukhopadhyay

RE: FW: Need Help Configuring Solr To Work With Nutch

Posted by "Mukhopadhyay, Aratrika" <Ar...@mail.house.gov>.
Thank you Erick Erickson and Rick Leir . My issue was permission related where the solr user was not running the indexing job through Nutch and therefore was being unable to write anything to Solr. I changed the ownership of the nutch's runtime directory to solr and all is well and working. I thank you for your help. Your tip about the numDocs put me on the right track .

Aratrika

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Ara

Posted by "Mukhopadhyay, Aratrika" <Ar...@mail.house.gov>.