Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by evariste galois <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2019/09/30 01:36:17 UTC

Question on the absolute time at the grid level

Hello,
The context of this question is we would be using a grid composed out ofmultiple nodes and it is very important the absolute time is the same on allthe nodes.
How is the time considered at the grid level? The time returned by issuing/SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP()/ would be the same on all the nodes or differentJDBC connections to different hosts would yield different results?
It may be possible nodes are residing on machines and there is an offset ofseveral minutes between machine system time values
What would Apache Ignite consider as CURRENT_TIMESTAMP() in the situationsabove? And is there any way to control the time at the grid level?

Thank you

Re: Question on the absolute time at the grid level

Posted by evariste galois <ev...@yahoo.com>.
 Hello,
Basically, there is a modulle providing notifications upon certain expiration moments. Clients can manage timer objects which do expire at some point in the future. Different clients will use different nodes in the Ignite cluster so there will be errors if the clock is not aligned at the cluster level. I understood the suggested solution would be to enforce this for each of the machines nodes reside on.
Best Regards
    On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 7:16:22 AM GMT+8, Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hello,
Could you please share more details on a business/technical task you're trying to solve? We might come up with some solution.
-Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

-

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Ignite does not synchronize time on its nodes neither it depends on the
time of nodes. If you need that functionality, you will need to do it
yourself.

Ilya Kasnacheev

пн, 30 сент. 2019 г. в 04:42, evariste galois <evariste_galois_77@yahoo.com