Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC" <ch...@shire.net> on 2012/04/26 03:31:40 UTC

Solved! Re: claims "no rules found" but I have run sa-update

On Apr 25, 2012, at 12:38 AM, Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> I have SA 3.3.2 installed on FreeBSD 9.  This was installed from "source" and not the package or port. I have some different requirements and so built it myself.
>
> I run a bunch of FreeBSD jails on a given system, and have a new area I call /usr/public  which gets mounted inside each jail.  The software gets built and installed here, but I work to set things up so that it reads config files and uses local space in /usr/local for each system.
>
> I am having an issue with SA 3.3.2 on a new install (my old servers were running an old SA 3.x that was pre sa-update) where it claims the rules are not found.  This includes spamassassin and spamd
>
> If I run spamassassin manually here is the debug output (first part):
>
> spamassassin --configpath=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ -D < 1335330803.H270347P64367.mail.shire.net
> Apr 25 00:26:06.303 [64987] dbg: logger: adding facilities: all
> Apr 25 00:26:06.303 [64987] dbg: logger: logging level is DBG
> Apr 25 00:26:06.303 [64987] dbg: generic: SpamAssassin version 3.3.2
> Apr 25 00:26:06.304 [64987] dbg: generic: Perl 5.012004, PREFIX=/usr/public, DEF_RULES_DIR=/usr/public/share/spamassassin, LOCAL_RULES_DIR=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin, LOCAL_STATE_DIR=/usr/local/var/spamassassin
>
> Given this, where should I find the rules?

Ok, I solved this.  This was user error/misunderstanding.

I should have been calling this with --siteconfigpath and not --configpath.   --configpath changes the actual rules directory, while I thought it was my own "rules" in the local.cf.  Once I changed it to --siteconfigpath we were all set!

Thanks!
Chad

Re: Solved! Re: claims "no rules found" but I have run sa-update

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.
On 4/25/12 9:31 PM, Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> Ok, I solved this.  This was user error/misunderstanding.
>
> I should have been calling this with --siteconfigpath and not --configpath.   --configpath changes the actual rules directory, while I thought it was my own "rules" in the local.cf.  Once I changed it to --siteconfigpath we were all set!
>
> Thanks!
> Chad

glad you solved it.

ps, Im the port maintainer for the FreeBSD port (scheidell@FreeBSD.org)
how different was you needs that the basic port, or at worst, a slave
port would have worked?

in the port, I have also added critical patches backported from 3.4.

have you ever done a slave port? even a local one? (look at
japanese/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin for example of slave port)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation