Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Wes <we...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/07 23:20:54 UTC

problem with VectorWriter class (in ThrowableInformation.java)

I have my own subclass of Exception, where I have overridden the printStackTrace methods.  I just today noticed that part of what I'm printing to the stack trace is not showing up when I do Category.log("message", exception)

I traced the problem to the fact that the VectorWriter class does not fully override all the methods of PrintWriter.  I was using print(), and the VectorWriter only overrode the println() methods.  Thus, what I was sending to the PrintWriter.print method was not added into the internal Vector of the VectorWriter.