Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> on 2013/03/01 22:07:11 UTC

Re: Sidebar: new developer builds

Hallo Andre,

Am 20.02.2013 13:07, schrieb Andre Fischer:
> Hi,
>
> after some very hard work the Impress panels are now migrated to the
> sidebar.  These are panels for
>
> - Layouts
> - Master pages (all, recent, used)
> - Custom animation
> - Slide transition
> - Table
>
> I have created new developer builds (version 0.7), please see
>
>     http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar#Developer_Builds
>
> for details.  I made the Linux build with an older Ubuntu, so that more
> people can try it out.  A special activation of the sidebar is not
> necessary anymore.

I tried to get the Debian GNU/linux build running. After unpacking and
copying it under /opt/<sidebar>/I tried to start it as with the start
menu as via console.

I get the error "The application cannot be started. An internal error
occurred."

This for your information.

> Have fun,
> Andre

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Re: Sidebar: new developer builds

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 01/03/2013 Mechtilde wrote:
> Am 20.02.2013 13:07, schrieb Andre Fischer:
>> I have created new developer builds (version 0.7), please see
>>      http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar#Developer_Builds
>> for details.  I made the Linux build with an older Ubuntu, so that more
>> people can try it out. ...
> I tried to get the Debian GNU/linux build running. After unpacking and
> copying it under /opt/<sidebar>/I tried to start it as with the start
> menu as via console.
> I get the error "The application cannot be started. An internal error
> occurred."

Note that Andre produced two distinct 0.7 builds. The first one, as he
says above, will run on older systems soo. The second one, which is the
currently available one and was done to fix a last-minute error, only
runs on modern systems, i.e., it requires glibc >= 2.17, as discussed
later in this thread.

On Debian it seems you still have glibc <= 2.13 so it won't start:
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=debian

(then your problem might be elsewhere, but this is just to say that the
"more people can try it out" from the message you quote no longer applies)

Regards,
   Andrea.