Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by St...@trinkaus.de on 2003/03/26 16:40:33 UTC

Problem with the Batik-Rasterizer

Hello !

I've a problem with the Batik-Rasterizer.

If my SVG-file consists of some lines and has some dates like 06/21/2001
and when i try to transcode to jpeg or png each letter of one date will be
at same position. That means that's unreadable and therefore the whole
graphic is worthless for me.

Is this a bug or is something might be wrong in my svg-file.

Hope to hear soon.  Thanks in advance.

Stefan Gaertners
Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt via E-Mail
dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche
Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.
Verfaelschungen des urspruenglichen Inhaltes dieser Nachricht bei der
Datenuebertragung koennen nicht ausgeschlossen werden.

Correspondence with HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt via e-mail is only for
information purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of
legally-binding communications. The falsification of the original content
of this message in the course of data transmission cannot be excluded.

RE: Problem with the Batik-Rasterizer

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.
Hi Stefan,

SG> I've a problem with the Batik-Rasterizer.

SG> If my SVG-file consists of some lines and has some dates like
SG> 06/21/2001 and when i try to transcode to jpeg or png each letter
SG> of one date will be at same position. That means that's unreadable
SG> and therefore the whole graphic is worthless for me.

SG> Is this a bug or is something might be wrong in my svg-file.

    As you might have guessed it is not expected that text renders on
top of it's self.  So my first suspecion is your svg-file.

    In general bug reports get more attention if they include a small
sample that shows the problem and provide at some useful context
information like Java platform (OS, JVM version etc) and what version
of Batik is involved.