Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by Alain <al...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/05 16:04:33 UTC

Bound functions usage in $filter

When using a function as part of a filter,
ExpressionParser#parseFirstMemberExpr calls parseFunction with
lastIsCollection true. Thenedm.getBoundFunction is called with
isBindingParameterCollection true as well.

Reading the spec, and trying to figure out the meaning of  a binding
parameter that would be a collection. Can anyone point me to a valid use
case for this pattern?

Then this calls createBoundFunction and expects to find a match that
includes the collections value for the binding parameter. On top of that,
the javadoc for getBoundFunction states "*isBindingParameterCollection* may
be null" but that can clearly throw an NPE in createBoundFunction, so this
tells me that it is possibly not a very covered part of the code.

Furthermore, I am starting to wonder if anyone reads any messages, as there
has been zero feedback in the last few weeks to a number of messages, which
I believe are not trivial. For the moment, I have branched out to our own
patched version of Olingo and can submit some patches, but if no one is
there, not sure where they would go.

Cheers,
Alain