Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hisham <om...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/16 19:10:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Supported version of Apache on RHEL 6.5

Hi,

I am looking into the supported Apache version that comes with RHEL 6.5 and i am targeting Apache 2.2.26.

The response I got was Apache 2.2.15-30. (Update 30)

Can anyone please clarify the difference and what is meant by the update #?!

Otherwise, does that mean I cant get Apache 2.2.26 from RHEL for release 6.5

Thanks
Alex

Re: [users@httpd] Supported version of Apache on RHEL 6.5

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Hisham <om...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking into the supported Apache version that comes with RHEL 6.5
> and i am targeting Apache 2.2.26.
>
> The response I got was Apache 2.2.15-30. (Update 30)
>
> Can anyone please clarify the difference and what is meant by the update
> #?!
>
> Otherwise, does that mean I cant get Apache 2.2.26 from RHEL for release
> 6.5

Perhaps someone here will help; regardless, please note that you're asking
questions about how Red Hat chooses to package and version Apache httpd for
their platform; check RedHat FAQs or mailing lists for details.

> Thanks
> Alex

Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/
http://edjective.org/

Re: [users@httpd] Supported version of Apache on RHEL 6.5

Posted by John Doe <jd...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
From: Hisham <om...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> I am looking into the supported Apache version that comes with RHEL 6.5
> and i am targeting Apache 2.2.26.
> The response I got was Apache 2.2.15-30. (Update 30)

RedHat sticks to specific versions (for stability) and backports security
patches (I guess they patched 30 times).
If you want a newer apache, maybe try "Red Hat Software Collections"...

JD