Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/01/04 15:26:10 UTC

Re: Taverna Server license texts

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 11:23:19 +0000, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ian's remaining license fixes for taverna-server's XSD dependencies have
> been hanging there since January.
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-server/pulls
>
> Thanks Ian - I'll admit I missed these and thought the files still
> needed reviewing.
>
> We need to review and try to merge if legal.  I think dual-license
> GPL/CDDL should stay like that so that GPL upstream use of
> taverna-server is still possible.

I had a check, and we won't need to do the CDDL/GPL choice here; as far
as I understand the persistence_1.0.xsd is from
http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/persistence/index.html
but is not used by anything, as
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-server/blob/master/taverna-server-webapp/src/main/webapp/META-INF/persistence.xml#L20
uses the official location from http://java.sun.com/
and this schema is not appearing in any of the outputs.

And so I just removed persistence_1.0.xsd and everything still compiles
and works well. I believe it was only used by to load into their
XML editors for auto-complete/validation.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
The University of Manchester