Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2007/04/27 11:35:19 UTC

apachecon

I'm going to be at apachecon from late tuesday evening to friday
evening, missing the hackathon.

1. I'm presenting on Extending Ant on Thursday morning; I've got some
changes to do and may do a dry run the day before. I want to do some IDE
work in the talk rather than just slideware.

2. Have we got enough people for a BOF? otherwise I'd like to organise a
gettogether in a bar/cafe to plan ant1.7.1 and other things.

3. I will not be at tuesday' s hackathon; I will be at home. However, I
may be able to spend the day ant coding some of the things on my todo
list, in which case we could try to use the combination of skype or
google talk + IntelliJ IDEA's collaborative editing stuff to do
hackathon-at-a-distance (*)

Hope to see others on the list there!

-steve

(*)

1. Has anyone ever got sun's collabedit stuff to work with google talk?
2. is there something equivalent for eclipse?

Re: apachecon

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm going to be at apachecon from late tuesday evening to friday
> evening, missing the hackathon.

I assume late means really late.  See you on Wednesday, then.

> 2. Have we got enough people for a BOF?

Possibly, I haven't checked.

> 3. I will not be at tuesday' s hackathon; I will be at
> home. However, I may be able to spend the day ant coding some of the
> things on my todo list, in which case we could try to use the
> combination of skype or google talk + IntelliJ IDEA's collaborative
> editing stuff to do hackathon-at-a-distance (*)

Google uses Jabber, right?  I'm not an IM kind of person that's why I
don't want to make my ID public here, but I do have a jabber account
and you will find it in members.txt.

IDEA's collaborative editing probably won't work with Emacs, will it?

Cheers

        Stefan