Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by adfel70 <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 10:32:17 UTC

Any estimation for solr 4.3?

Hi,
We're planning on upgrading our solr cluster from 4.0 to 4.2.1
Is 4.3 coming any soon?

thanks.

Re: Any estimation for solr 4.3?

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
I get the RC3 zip file from the the mailing list.

The 4.3 has not yet been released. Therefore you can't download it from the regular channels

Regards

--
Yago Riveiro

Posted by omar jaafor <o....@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

I am working on an internal project in my company that requires solr, but I
could not manage to link it to Tika. I bought the apache solr 4 cookbook
yet I couldn't figure out the solution.

1) I copied the required jar files into a lib directory 2) I added the lib
directory in solrconfig.xml

when I remove start="lazy" in requesthandler="update/extract" I get the
following error:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: RequestHandler init failure ... ...
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: RequestHandler init
failure ... ... Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler

I would highly apreciate any help.

thank you very much

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's a secret, but I sure don't see anything that says "This is how the dev process works."

I suspect this is somewhere in the Apache operating charter/standard
operating procedures for all projects and we (Solr users/developers)
are just 4-meta-levels downstream of that. But I agree, it could make
for a nice mini-page on the Wiki (if it is ever up).

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

Re: Any estimation for solr 4.3?

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hopefully, this is not a secret, but the RCs are built and available
for download and announced on the dev mailing list.

So, the changes for RC4 (not RC3 anymore) are here:
http://people.apache.org/~simonw/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.3.0-RC4-rev1477023/solr/changes/Changes.html

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/2/2013 7:56 AM, Andy Lester wrote:

> On May 2, 2013, at 3:36 AM, "Jack Krupansky" <ja...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
>
>> RC4 of 4.3 is available now. The final release of 4.3 is likely to be within days.
>

> How can I see the Changelog of what will be in it?

Here's the latest CHANGES.txt file straight from the source repository
on the 4.3 branch:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_3/solr/CHANGES.txt?view=markup

I did not see a 4_3_0 tag in svn.  Perhaps that will be created as the
last step before release.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Any estimation for solr 4.3?

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
RC4 of 4.3 is available now. The final release of 4.3 is likely to be within
days.

-- Jack Krupansky