Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2009/09/16 18:36:38 UTC

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project db-torque-parent-test (in module db-torque) failed

general@gump.apache.org wrote:
> Running org.apache.torque.avalon.AvalonTest
> [DEBUG] Starting container...
> [DEBUG] Loading the service container class org.apache.fulcrum.yaafi.framework.container.ServiceContainerImpl
> [DEBUG] Instantiating the service container class org.apache.fulcrum.yaafi.framework.container.ServiceContainerImpl
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.179 sec <<< FAILURE!

This boils down to

---8<---
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xml/serializer/OutputPropertiesFactory
	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.OutputProperties.<init>(OutputProperties.java:83)
---8<---

I see xalan and the serializer in the bootpath, however. What am I
supposed to do?

Bye, Thomas.

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project db-torque-parent-test (in module db-torque) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-09-16, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:

> general@gump.apache.org wrote:
>> Running org.apache.torque.avalon.AvalonTest
>> [DEBUG] Starting container...
>> [DEBUG] Loading the service container class org.apache.fulcrum.yaafi.framework.container.ServiceContainerImpl
>> [DEBUG] Instantiating the service container class org.apache.fulcrum.yaafi.framework.container.ServiceContainerImpl
>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.179 sec <<< FAILURE!

> This boils down to

> ---8<---
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/xml/serializer/OutputPropertiesFactory
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.templates.OutputProperties.<init>(OutputProperties.java:83)
> ---8<---

> I see xalan and the serializer in the bootpath, however. What am I
> supposed to do?

Projects built by mvn completely ignore the CLASSPATH and bootpath
settings, we may need to make this more clear in the generated pages
(put it on my TODO list, but far enough at the end that I'll likely
never get there).

What happens is that you get a more recent version of Xalan from Gump
than your POM specifies (or you inherit via transitive dependencies or
whatever).  This newer version requires serializer.jar but your POM
doesn't tell mvn that your build would depend on it and thus Maven
doesnt download it and Xalan never sees it.

The way out of this would be to make your POM depend on the latest Xalan
and on the matching serializer.  I can understand if you don't want to
do this just to shut up Gump, but then again you may benefit from using
a more recent Xalan anyway.  If you really don't feel like upgrading
your Xalan dependency, we will have to try to find a solution (which
will be difficult).

Right now you (as many others) are suffering through breaking API
changes in commons-collections and we'll not reach the Torque tests
until it has been sorted out.

Stefan

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project db-torque-parent-test (in module db-torque) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.