Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2007/04/03 23:13:56 UTC

Attached artifacts

When working on a maven plugin, I noticed that two attached artifacts
can have the same name and overwrite each other when they are deployed.
Is this by design?  Maybe the artifacts attached to a project should be
a set instead of a list, and a warning should be generated when one
artifact replaces another.
An easy way to reproduce this is to define the maven source plugin with
two different execution ids.  When the deploy plugin is run, the source
jar is deployed twice, with the second overwriting the first.
Changing the attached artifacts from a List to a Set would probably
break a bunch of existing code, but it might be something for a maven
3.0 release.

Re: Attached artifacts

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Paul,

Feel free to file a jira issue about it :) ...And maybe even try and discuss
this in the Maven Developer's List as well :)

Cheers,
Franz