Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Matias Silva <MS...@specificmedia.com> on 2011/01/25 20:40:52 UTC

Stopping Hive Metastore Service

Hi I'm in the process of setting up an init script for the hive metastore.  Whats the proper way
to shutdown the hive metastore without killing pid? Or is killing the pid the only way?

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/AdminManual/MetastoreAdmin

Thanks,
Matt

Matias Silva   [Sr. Software Engineer]
Specific Media        p 949.861.8888 x1420

[cid:image001.gif@01CBBC84.B6F95690]
4 Park Plaza, suite 1500, Irvine, CA 92614

we deliver specific audiences to advertisers

Visit www.specificmedia.com<http://www.specificmedia.com/>.

Re: Stopping Hive Metastore Service

Posted by Dave Brondsema <db...@geek.net>.
That's what we do, seems to be ok.