Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> on 2002/05/23 23:28:37 UTC

'svn rm URL1 URL2' creates two revisions

Hello

% svn rm http://localhost/repo/foo http://localhost/repo/bar

Committed revision 32.

Committed revision 33.

This isn't right is it?  I think it should either remove both items in
a single commit or give me some sort of "cannot remove multiple URLs"
error and remove neither.  Or is it supposed to work like this?

--
Philip

Re: 'svn rm URL1 URL2' creates two revisions

Posted by Ben Collins <bc...@debian.org>.
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:28:37AM +0100, Philip Martin wrote:
> Hello
>
> % svn rm http://localhost/repo/foo http://localhost/repo/bar
>
> Committed revision 32.
>
> Committed revision 33.
>
> This isn't right is it?  I think it should either remove both items in
> a single commit or give me some sort of "cannot remove multiple URLs"
> error and remove neither.  Or is it supposed to work like this?

I think that until there's some way for the svn client to know that the
two URL's you gave it are actually the same repository, then it is doing
the right thing.

Ben

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/

Re: 'svn rm URL1 URL2' creates two revisions

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> writes:

> Hello
>
> % svn rm http://localhost/repo/foo http://localhost/repo/bar
>
> Committed revision 32.
>
> Committed revision 33.
>
> This isn't right is it?  I think it should either remove both items in
> a single commit or give me some sort of "cannot remove multiple URLs"
> error and remove neither.  Or is it supposed to work like this?

Hm.  You should get a usage() message that implies only a single URL
can be passed.  We can't allow multiple URLs because more than likely
the single commit message that goes with the act won't fully apply to
both commits.

Or something like that.  (sorry, listening to loud music and can't
think straight...mom warned me about that rock and roll...)