Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Martin Dominguez <ma...@wbsgo.com> on 2010/07/26 16:53:29 UTC

Tiny MCE bugs?

Hi all,
I write this post because, I sincerely believe that while Lenya is a great
CMS, but users always judge it by the editor used to edit content, and they
think that if editor works bad, then Lenya also works bad. It was very
difficult work with Kupu and BXE and FCKEditor, so I really appreciate the
integration with TinyMCE (which I was advised to use it after FCK produced
multiple failures). Tiny Editor is a very friendly, easy to use and works
pretty well. However, I found a number of bugs that have not been reported
in bugzilla and I will list them here so you can tell me if they really are
bugs.

- Using Tiny with IE (all versions since IE6): When I save document Lenya
blocks this document and I have to force document check-in

- Using Tiny with Firefox: I can't use bold and italic!! Tiny can't save
bold and italic tags.

- Using Tiny with Opera: For the moment, it works pretty well.

Thanks!

Re: Tiny MCE bugs?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@ndsu.edu>.
On 07/26/2010 09:53 AM, Martin Dominguez wrote:
> Hi all,
> I write this post because, I sincerely believe that while Lenya is a great
> CMS, but users always judge it by the editor used to edit content, and they
> think that if editor works bad, then Lenya also works bad. It was very
> difficult work with Kupu and BXE and FCKEditor, so I really appreciate the
> integration with TinyMCE (which I was advised to use it after FCK produced
> multiple failures). Tiny Editor is a very friendly, easy to use and works
> pretty well. However, I found a number of bugs that have not been reported
> in bugzilla and I will list them here so you can tell me if they really are
> bugs.
>
> - Using Tiny with IE (all versions since IE6): When I save document Lenya
> blocks this document and I have to force document check-in
>
> - Using Tiny with Firefox: I can't use bold and italic!! Tiny can't save
> bold and italic tags.
>
> - Using Tiny with Opera: For the moment, it works pretty well.
>
> Thanks!

Yes, please submit. I don't know if we are going to do anything about
supporting IE6 as it has been out of support from Microsoft for quite a
while. But we would want to support IE7 & IE8 the best we can.

Re: Tiny MCE bugs?

Posted by Martin Dominguez <ma...@wbsgo.com>.
Submited! thanks

Regards.