Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by amit_shah25 <am...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/27 21:10:39 UTC

Object Message

Hi,

My application uses activemq as a buffer to redistriute streaming market
data from exchanges. It is an extremely high volume data with almost a few
thousand messages per second ... Now I am converting the raw market data to
java object and redistributing it.

But it looks like only a few seconds later, the connection gets flooded ...
Is it a feasible option to use java objects, or I should keep it restricted
to csv string ? Or for that, any other suggestions ? !!

(I tried to post this question, but I dont know if I was subscribed to
correct mailing list so if it appears twice, please pardon me !)

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Object Message

Posted by amit_shah25 <am...@hotmail.com>.
Thats exactly what is confusing me too. I am using a topic, but the warn
messages that I am getting are saying queue to be dequeued... I am going tru
my entire program and all the modules just to make sure that there is no
silly typo's anywhere ...

Also, thanks for the slow consumer link. I am trying that.

Re: Object Message

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Am confused - are you using a topic or a queue? BTW you using a recent
release like 4.0.1?

For non-persistent topics you can enable messages being dropped...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/slow-consumer-handling.html

On 6/28/06, amit_shah25 <am...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like I run into the whole "slow consumer" situation .. It starts giving
> warning message that queue needs to be dequeued ... Now the thing is, I dont
> care if it drops a few messages. But it slows down the producer to a point
> that producer is not able to pump any more messages to the topic.
>
> I checked with "netstat -na | grep 61616" and it shows that data is being
> piled up in a connection ... ??

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Object Message

Re: Object Message

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
objects usually serialize larger than csv.. or a custom byte[] in a bytes
message.  Could you describe the connection flooded symptoms?

On 6/27/06, amit_shah25 <am...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My application uses activemq as a buffer to redistriute streaming market
> data from exchanges. It is an extremely high volume data with almost a few
> thousand messages per second ... Now I am converting the raw market data
> java object and redistributing it.
>
> But it looks like only a few seconds later, the connection gets flooded
> Is it a feasible option to use java objects, or I should keep it
> restricted
> to csv string ? Or for that, any other suggestions ? !!
>
> (I tried to post this question, but I dont know if I was subscribed to
> correct mailing list so if it appears twice, please pardon me !)
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com