Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Rafael Alfaro <ra...@searchtechnologies.com> on 2011/08/25 02:16:10 UTC

Re: Discovery without multicast (like on EC2)

Hiram Chirino <hi...@...> writes:

> Another option is to use the HTTP based discovery agent.
>
> You just need to deploy the
> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.http.DiscoveryRegistryServlet
> to a web container on a EC2 machine.   Lets assume it's been deployed
> to a machine called 'yourhost'.
>
> Then configure
>  * the brokers to advertise their connectors to http://yourhost:80/default
>  * the clients to use discovery:(http://yourhost:80/default)
>
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com/
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:40 AM, Sam2222 <sa...@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to use Active MQ on amazon EC2 Cloud environnement. I need to
> > add/remove broker at runtime.
> > On JMS client, I can't use failover like
> > "failover:(tcp://ip1:61600,tcp://ip2:61602)" because I didn't know neither
> > the number of broker nor their addresses.
> >
> > So I try discovery with multicast : "discovery:(multicast://default)"
> > But multicast is not supported on EC2 :(
> >
> > Anyboby work on new discovery method without multicast ?
> > Like a system where Broker have to register their IP address on a database
> > at startup and client use these addresses with failover.
> >
> > Or I missed something easier to use Active MQ on EC2 ? :)
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > Samuel
> >
> > --

Hi Hiram,

I have a question related to this HTTP based discovery agent.  I have the
Servlet deployed on an amazon EC2 linux machine:
http://server:8080/activemq/DiscoveryRegistryServlet

How is it exactly that I should configure the brokers and clientes to connect to
this discovery agent?

I have tried your suggestions with no luck so far:

Brokers with the TransportConnector DiscoveryUri =
http://server:8080/activemq/DiscoveryRegistryServlet and also
http://server:8080/activemq/DiscoveryRegistryServlet/default

Also added the same two urls to the DiscoveryNetworkConnector URI.

For the clients I tried the following setups:
discovery:(http://server:8080/activemq/DiscoveryRegistryServlet/default)
http://server:8080/activemq/DiscoveryRegistryServlet/default

Also with and without the /default to denote the group name.

Looking into the DiscoveryRegistryServlet code, I found that it in fact reads
the PathInfo to retrieve the service group name.

Do I need to deploy any other jar besides the one containing the servlet and the
logging libraries?

Thank you,
Rafael Alfaro