Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Amir Razi <am...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/10/15 15:12:30 UTC

Apache Axis2 version 1.7.x and 1.7.9

I have heard from business that Apache Axis 2 is going to sunset in mid 2021 which seems very unlikely.
How can I convince the business that Apache Foundation does not have any plans to sunset Axis2 1.7.x anytime in near future such as mid next year?
Is there any place on Axis 2 website or Axis2 license that can be used as evidence that Apache Foundation is not going sunset Axis2 in next few years ahead?
Thank you!

Re: Apache Axis2 version 1.7.x and 1.7.9

Posted by robertlazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
I am the current chair of the Axis project and I can assure you that this
project has no such sunset plans.

All Apache projects file a quarterly report that is public record.

https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Axis.html

As long as those reports are approved and there are at least three active
members of the project, Axis will continue.

Regards,
Robert