Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com> on 2014/09/05 15:17:39 UTC

Prepare Release "Olingo OData Library for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”?

Hi All,

with the coming release of the "Olingo OData Client for Java Script 4.0.0-beta-01” we should also prepare the according Java release.

A JIRA Issue was already created by Stephan and currently there are 9 open issues related to version "4.0.0-beta-01”, but no bug and 5 issues just related to release preparations and 2 related to Javascript (see: http://s.apache.org/olingo-4).
So we should check the remaining two issues (OLINGO-347 and OLINGO-213) and either fix/close or postpone them to the next release.
Additionally we should think about a "code freeze" on the master till the release is done.

Further we should think about renaming the Java library according to the last discussion in Javascript context to "Olingo OData Library for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”.
WDYT, should we do a) a rename and b) already with the next release? IMHO we should do both  ;o)

Nevertheless I hope we can start till mid of next week with the release preparation to get a RC01 at the end of next week.

Again, WDYT about creation of a release?

Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Prepare Release "Olingo OData Library for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”?

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.
I am OK without adding "Library" to the names.

Carl

--
Carl J. Mosca

Re: Prepare Release "Olingo OData Library for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”?

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi together,

based on the feedback and discussion I have changed the "olingo" part in the artifact ids to "odata" and renamed the distributions to:
 - "Olingo OData Client for Android 4.0.0-beta-01”
 - "Olingo OData Client for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”
 - "Olingo OData Server for Java 4.0.0-beta-01”

All those preparations are currently in the "OLINGO-342_Release_OData_4.0.0-beta-01" branch [1].

If there are no objections against I will use this as base for the "4.0.0-beta-01-RC01".
Hence, please do not commit code modification into current master.
Which I would then create tomorrow and trigger the vote for a release of version "4.0.0-beta-01".

Kind regards,
Michael

[1]: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=olingo-odata4.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/OLINGO-342_Release_OData_4.0.0-beta-01

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.