Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alan Woodward <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/02 12:55:49 UTC

Re: New branch and feature freeze for Lucene 9.6.0

I am fighting with gradle and GPG yet again… Gradle fails when trying to sign artefacts with the message "Cannot perform signing task ':lucene:distribution:signReleaseArchives' because it has no configured signatory”.  I have GPG configured in ~/.gradle/gradle.properties as follows:

org.gradle.caching=true
signing.keyId=<my public key>
signing.secretKeyRingFile=/Users/romseygeek/.gnupg/secring.gpg
signing.gnupg.executable=gpg

This worked last time I did a release.  Does anybody know if anything has changed in gradle that means I need to change the properties file, or have any other ideas?

Posted by Alan Woodward <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ishan, turns out the error was between chair and keyboard - I’d told the wizard to use the gradle java plugin to sign things when I should have been using gpg.

Posted by Alan Woodward <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.