Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/03/14 12:19:50 UTC

we're a benchmark!

http://www.spec.org/auto/cpu2006/Docs/400.perlbench.html

  400.perlbench SPEC CPU2006 Benchmark Description:

  The primary component of the [benchmark] workload is the Open Source spam
  checking software SpamAssassin. SpamAssassin is used to score a couple of
  known corpora of both spam and ham (non-spam), as well as a sampling of
  mail generated from a set of random components. SpamAssassin has been
  heavily patched to avoid doing file I/O, and currently (8/31/2004) does
  not use the Bayesian filtering.

(found via the fastmail blog. cool!)

--j.

Re: we're a benchmark!

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
On Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:19 AM +0000 Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>
wrote:

> (found via the fastmail blog. cool!)

Indeed. What other large, popular, headless, and easily-acquired Perl
applications exist? (I'd guess most other large Perl apps are web-based and
hence wouldn't be suitable.)