Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michelle Wynn <mw...@csc.com> on 2002/12/17 04:58:05 UTC

Validator requiredIf

Has anyone had any success validating conditionally with requiredIf
client-side?   There does not seem to have been a javascript method created
for this validation method.   I looked in 1.1B and the most recent nightly
build.   Also haven't had success validating server side (although I do
have the source for the method in the FieldChecks class).

At a minimum can anyone point to clear documentation for implementing this
validation? Most of the examples I've seen seem to only deal only with
indexed properties/fields -- which I'm not using.

Any help or insight welcomed!

Thanks,
Michelle

Re: Validator requiredIf

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Michelle Wynn wrote:

>Has anyone had any success validating conditionally with requiredIf
>client-side?   There does not seem to have been a javascript method created
>for this validation method.   I looked in 1.1B and the most recent nightly
>build.   Also haven't had success validating server side (although I do
>have the source for the method in the FieldChecks class).

Have you updated your project with the validator-rules.xml file from the
nightly build, besides updating all the
other associated commeons-xxx.jar files?

-Rob

RE: Validator requiredIf

Posted by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>.
Requiredif doesn't implement client-side validation, to my mind it would
be too hard to come up with a mechanism to generate Javascript for the
fairly complex cases you can generate using it.  If someone wants to
take a crack at writing it, feel free.

James