Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 09:50:33 UTC

New Oak Example - Standalone Runnable Example based on Spring Boot

Hi Team,

For past sometime I was working on a new example to demonstrate usage
and setup of Oak as part of standalone application (OAK-3687). It
enables a user to start fully configured Oak in short time and get
going. For more details refer to readme at [1]

Main objectives with this example app are

1. How to configure and setup Oak in embedded mode

2. Quick setup with support for both Segment (default) and Mongo

3. Makes use of in built OSGi support without requiring to run in
actual OSGi container. Thus makes it easier to embed Oak in normal
webapps or other standalone apps

4, Integrated with Felix WebConsole and Script Console

Kindly give the example a try and provide your valuable feedback!

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-examples/standalone

Re: New Oak Example - Standalone Runnable Example based on Spring Boot

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Torgeir Veimo <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have a similar example on how to configure with an actual embedded
> osgi container running?

Not yet as thats not a very common usecase! Feel free to open an issue
for that. If there is a wider demand for such a usecase then it can be
looked into

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: New Oak Example - Standalone Runnable Example based on Spring Boot

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@gmail.com>.
Do you have a similar example on how to configure with an actual embedded
osgi container running?

I'd imagine it would be nice to be able to shield all oak dependencies (eg
lucene) from other dependencies a webapp uses.

--
-Tor

Re: New Oak Example - Standalone Runnable Example based on Spring Boot

Posted by Mike Nimer <mn...@gmail.com>.
This is great, thank you for putting this together it's going to help a
lot.

--mike